Chia pudding has been all over teh interwebz for a while now.
I’ve seen lots of recipes, tried a few, but never felt compelled to post about it. Now, I do. I have found my ultimate chia pudding.
(Granted, a large part of this delay is due to the fact that I finally bought the Blendtec. Smooth pudding, in my opinion, is much preferable to pudding with whole chia seeds, because I get them stuck in my teeth. The way my teeth are shaped and spaced means I get just about everything stuck in my teeth. But I digress. Already.)
This pudding contains a couple of my favorite ingredients.
- Chia seeds. Despite the stuck in my teeth problem, there are lots of things to love about chia. I did a video blog post about chia seeds which you can find here. Chia is also an ingredient in my DIY energy gel recipe that I’m working on for it’s massive fluid retaining properties, which can be very helpful in endurance sports. (By the way, if you missed my post on fueling for the gluten free endurance athlete you can find it here.)
- Coconut, specifically coconut milk for the pudding. Coconut is pretty awesome. Kelli at Apex Nutrition explains a bit about the benefits of coconut oil here, and this general information applies to all pure coconut products, although at varying amounts depending upon which product is used.
- Cocoa powder. Because it’s chocolate. There’s also some antioxidants, but let’s be honest. It tastes yummy.
Enough with my rambling. On to the recipe!
Chocolate Chia Coconut Super Nutritious Protein Pudding
- 1 can of coconut milk (I used 365 brand light because that’s what I had on hand.)
- 1/4 cup of NOW foods Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 scoop of Chocolate NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 heaping TBSP Chia Seeds
- Stevia to taste, I used about 3/4 dropperful of Vanilla Creme Flavored Liquid Stevia
About the Author: