The Gluten Free Wedding Celebration Wrap Up

Yes, I know I’ve been absent as of late.  Here’s why:

My love and I in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee

The last of my family just left yesterday, so it’s been a whirlwind of traveling, fun, and family.

We were married on 10/10/10 (running joke-we had to choose an easy to remember date, since it took Jeff 5 years of dating and living together to remember my birthday.)   We traveled to a cabin just outside of Gatlinburg, TN, (I cannot recommend Stonecreek Cabins highly enough, definitely consider them if you are going to be traveling to that area) drove up with all our stuff, my dress, and the dog.  We had a lovely time resting, relaxing, reading, and hiking.

Right, and we got married too!

Tess stayed in the cabin for the ceremony, she was busy watching for chipmunks

It was absolutely perfect.  We had beautiful weather, and a wonderful trip overall.

We returned home, and got ready for the party.  Since it was just the two of us on top of that mountain, we wanted to have a party to celebrate with our family and friends.

And celebrate we did!  I prepared a bunch of food, friends and family brought their specialties, and we catered in a HUGE amount of BBQ from the iconic Tom Jenkins’ BBQ here in Fort Lauderdale.  13 chickens, 8 pounds of brisket, and 8 pounds of pork, to be exact.

And the centerpiece of the desserts, an awesome chocolate on chocolate creation from Pam of Pam’s Gluten Free Kitchen.

It tasted even better than it looked.  Chocolate cake, with chocolate ganache between 3 layers, and chocolate buttercream icing.  YES.  Life is good.

So that’s where I’ve been.  Sorry for the lack of updates!

We’ll be back to our “regularly scheduled programming” very soon.  I have a bunch of half finished posts, and even more ideas in my brain.

Thanks for your patience!

Love and gluten free cake!

Filed Under: About meGluten Free

1. Shelly says:

Congratulations! You look absolutely stunning Erin!!

2. monica says:

Yes, yes…congratulations and best wishes for many happy, active years together! Thank you for posting the lovely pictures:)

3. I’ve been following along on Facebook, so I knew you were busy with “real life” and absent from blogging for good reason. You both look radiant, healthy and happy. And I loved the photos of your chipmunk guard dog! And that cake — oh my gosh, does that every look good! Congratulations and wishing you all the best life has to offer.
    Melissa
    xo

Thank you Shelly! Can’t get any better backdrop than those mountains :)

Thank you Monica! We’ve got 8 years together so far, here’s to another 40!

Thanks Melissa! We had a fabulous day, really could not have asked for anything more. And my husband is a hottie :)
    Tessa goes crazy up there-all new smells than we have here in Florida, all new critters. She loves it. It’s hard on her because we do have to keep her leashed, she’s a sighthound and would be gone into the forest if we didn’t. Someday we hope to have a home with fenced in property so she can go smell and run to her heart’s content.
    The cake was awesome, there’s a big chunk in the freezer, but I don’t see that making it until our anniversary. Life is too short to allow good cake to get freezer burnt!

7. Kim says:

Congrats, again!!!! That cake looks amazing!

Thanks Kim! It was-there’s just nothing better than chocolate on top of chocolate, IMO :)

9. Yippee, Erin! So happy for you both. Thanks for sharing a bit of your day and the “after” celebration with us. That’s super sweet of you. :-) You and Mr. Gluten Free Fitness make a gorgeous couple, that’s for sure. :-) Love that your dog is right in there with you both!

xo,
    Shirley

Hi Shirley, thanks for coming by!
    We had such an awesome time. Thanks for the compliment, I will pass it on to Jeff :)
    Tess had fun too and can’t wait to go back to all those great smells!

11. Congratulations Erin!! You were a stunning bride.

Thanks Lauren! I was just reading about your boot camp-sounds like fun!

13. Congratulations ERin!

That is so exciting! You look stunning – such a beautiful couple. Sounds like a truly wonderful way to celebrate with your family and friends (and the dog, of course) – that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? May you both have many many years of love, laughter and happiness :)

ps – didn’t leave a separate comment but just finished reading/watching your post on the ABC gluten free piece. Humph. I def. feel very strange after watching that. I agree with you: it’s so hard to let it go when the actual health effects of celiac/GS for most people are horrific. Funny how they left that all out. Kinda gets under my skin too. Thanks so much for posting and bringing it to my attention.

Stephanie

Thank you Stephanie!
    It was the perfect way for us to celebrate, fit in with our personalities and life. Thank you for the good wishes!

And yes, the Nightline piece left out a lot. Granted it was only 6 minutes, but they could have been much better spent in my opinion.